THE SHERPA DIFFERENCE IS BASED ON 6 FOUNDATIONAL CONCEPTS

The Other 95%

The Other 95%

About 5% of ministries have the resources to engage the services of an outside consultant. We invested in online learning platforms and coaching models that allow us to resource the other 95%.

Succession as Stewardship

Succession as Stewardship

The men of Issachar were described as understanding their times so Israel would understand what it should do (1 Chronicles 12:38). Likewise, your willingness to acknowledge and understand current realities will help you make wise decisions.

The Transition Window

The Transition Window

Most leaders start the planning process too late and create plans that stop way too soon. The Transition Window helps you understand the window of time you must account for when navigating key leader transitions.

Navigating the Swirl

Navigating the Swirl

It doesn’t take a lot to figure out there is no success in succession without a successor. The real test of leadership lies in your team’s ability to safely navigate the pitfalls that line the pathway forward.

Changing Metaphors

Changing Metaphors

Succession planning is more “ecosystem management” than “relay race.” It’s time to set down the baton and pickup a shovel.

The 6 Succession Planning Conversations

The 6 Succession Planning Conversations

One of the biggest challenges related to succession planning is the absence of clear and helpful language. Afterall, the term “succession planning” isn’t very helpful. The six conversations provides the language your team needs to engage in a collaborative planning process.

key statements

Here are some statements you’ll hear us say a lot.

Transitions don't create problems as much as they expose the problems that already existed.
Succession planning is the gateway to a ministry leader's greatest season of influence.
The leader's transition is an important stage in the journey but should not define the journey.